Large turnout at spectacular Topsham firework display
THE SKY lit up in Topsham last week when more than 2000 people attended a firework display at the rugby ground. The bumper crowd enjoyed a spectacular display, bonfire, and were entertained with a performance by Topsham Music Connective last Thursday, Nov
THE SKY lit up in Topsham last week when more than 2000 people attended a firework display at the rugby ground.
The bumper crowd enjoyed a spectacular display, bonfire, and were entertained with a performance by Topsham Music Connective last Thursday, November 5.
Brian Hibbert, of Wessex Close, the bonfire coordinator, was delighted with the number of people who turned out.
He said: "The numbers were well up on last year. It is one of the biggest displays of its kind in the South West."
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Preston, acting treasurer of Topsham Rugby Club, said: "It was a great turnout despite the rain.
"It's nice to see local people as well as those from further out come to the event. We are hoping next year will be even bigger."
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 9 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 10 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
Ben Beeson, of Topsham Music Connective, said it was a great honour to have been given the opportunity to perform.
He added: "It is very good publicity for us. We played a varied set of jazz, blues, soul, Latin and some pop.