Lamb shearing and dog trails set for Newton Poppleford event
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon s late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon's late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
Devon County Show is putting on the spectacle at Ashtree Farm, on Sunday, August 30, with competitions starting at 9am.
Aimed at young and old alike, top shearers, who take less than a minute to shear a sheep, attend the event, which is free.
The pace is slower, but no less exciting in the One Man and His Dog style sheep trails, where the skill and relationship between handler and dog is put to the test.
The event possible by permission of Clinton Devon Estates, which owns the farm.
- 1 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 2 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 3 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 4 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 5 Give your views on the Lower Otter Restoration Project
- 6 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 7 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 8 Budleigh bragging rights in a soggy Devon League derby
- 9 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 10 Show of kindness helps keep people from going hungry this Christmas