Lamb shearing and dog trails set for Newton Poppleford event
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon s late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon's late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
Devon County Show is putting on the spectacle at Ashtree Farm, on Sunday, August 30, with competitions starting at 9am.
Aimed at young and old alike, top shearers, who take less than a minute to shear a sheep, attend the event, which is free.
The pace is slower, but no less exciting in the One Man and His Dog style sheep trails, where the skill and relationship between handler and dog is put to the test.
You may also want to watch:
The event possible by permission of Clinton Devon Estates, which owns the farm.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 6 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake