Lamb shearing and dog trails set for Newton Poppleford event
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon s late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon's late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
Devon County Show is putting on the spectacle at Ashtree Farm, on Sunday, August 30, with competitions starting at 9am.
Aimed at young and old alike, top shearers, who take less than a minute to shear a sheep, attend the event, which is free.
The pace is slower, but no less exciting in the One Man and His Dog style sheep trails, where the skill and relationship between handler and dog is put to the test.
You may also want to watch:
The event possible by permission of Clinton Devon Estates, which owns the farm.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 3 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang