New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- Credit: High Sheriffs office
The new High Sheriff of Devon has been appointed by The Monarch.
Lady Studholme has been appointed to the unpaid, non-political role which recognises and supports the county’s agencies of law and order including the judiciary, the magistracy, police and emergency services.
Following paediatric and general nurse training in London, and a humanities degree from the University of Exeter, she has lived in Devon with her family for over 30 years.
Lady Studholme has a range of business interests, served as a governor of the University, and volunteered there for over 25 years.
She is Chair of the Exeter Northcott Theatre, and a member of the Liveable Exeter Place Board.
Lucy’s Declaration Ceremony took place at the Exeter Guildhall.
It was witnessed in the presence of the Presiding High Court Judge for the Western Circuit Mr Justice Garnham, the under-sheriff, and her chaplain and two police cadets, both personal appointments for the year.
- 1 Town centre improvements will go forward for funding bid
- 2 Man rescued in Lyme Bay after fishing boat 'sinks without trace'
- 3 Plans for new MP for Exmouth under discussion
- 4 Exmouth Harriers tackle the hills
- 5 Urgent clarity is needed on international travel
- 6 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 7 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 8 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 9 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 10 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives