Ladram Bay shortlisted for Devon Tourism award
- Credit: Ladram Bay Holiday Park
Steps to keep customers and team members safe over the past 12 months have helped Ladram Bay Holiday Park to secure a place in the 2020 Devon Tourism Awards finals.
The family-owned park was announced as a finalist this month after award judges reviewed its long list of successes and achievements during the last year.
Now everyone at the holiday park near Budleigh Salterton is looking forward to March 11 when the 2020 Devon Tourism Award winners will be announced.
The virtual awards ceremony will take place just one day before the park is due to re-open for the new season.
"Even during the present lockdown we've been receiving scores enquiries from customers for holiday breaks and from buyers of holiday homes," said Ladram Bay director Zoe House.
"The freedom and fresh air of a Devon seaside holiday is just what people need and deserve, so we're hoping that government restrictions will be eased as soon as possible in spring.
"The news that Ladram Bay has made the finals in this year's Devon Tourism Awards has come as fantastic news as we prepare to welcome guests back again.
- 1 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 2 New look Co-op store for East Devon town
- 3 Decisions on future of our seafront must include a voice for all
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 5 Leisure centre team offers support for refugees in Exmouth
- 6 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 7 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter
- 8 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice
- 9 Exhibition celebrates artist's lifelong love affair with estuary
- 10 Remembering a teaching 'legend' who changed thousands of lives
"Our team did an amazing job last year in putting safety measures into place so that everyone could enjoy peace of mind during their stay – and we received many messages of thanks.
"This year will be no different, and we've even employed extra team members to ensure that all of our safety procedures run smoothly so guests can enjoy a first-class experience.
"We're very grateful to the Devon Tourism Awards judges for recognising our hard work, and providing this great morale boost during our busy preparations!" added Zoe.
Last year Ladram Bay clinched a silver trophy in the South West Tourism Excellence awards.
And in 2019, the park took the overall ‘park of the year’ title in the Devon Tourism Awards.
Family member Zoe believes the key to Ladram Bay's success is the constant re-investment made in the park, benefitting both customers and the natural environment:
She said: "Last year, we spent over one million pounds on a series of projects from high-speed broadband to landscaping, plus £300,000 on a non-polluting solar energy system.”