Former Royal Marines commando appointed Ladram Bay general manager
- Credit: Archant
Steven Harper-Smith, who spent eight years in the Royal Marines, has been appointed the new general manager of Ladram Bay Holiday Park.
A former Royal Marine commando has swapped the armed forces for a career in leisure at Ladram Bay.
Steven Harper-Smith has been appointed general manager at the Otterton holiday park.
He will help oversee Ladram Bay’s operation and ensure the day-to-day running of its accommodation, leisure and entertainment facilities.
Steven, 48, takes up his new role in an area which holds happy memories of childhood holidays. Now he and his wife Marta and two children Edmund, 13, and Noah, 12, are calling the area home.
You may also want to watch:
He began his leisure parks career 17 years ago after serving for eight years as a commando in the Royal Marines.
Prior to joining Ladram Bay, Steven helped head-up one of the busiest operations in the West Country for a major holiday park group.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
A rugby and golfing enthusiast, Steven said he is much looking forward to working alongside directors Zoe House and Robin Carter whose family have owned Ladram Bay since the 1940s.