Kite festival raises �9,000
During the past few weeks, we, in Exmouth, have seen much to think about, with the very successful festival and Kite Festival over the recent half-term week.
During the past few weeks, we, in Exmouth, have seen much to think about, with the very successful festival and Kite Festival over the recent half-term week. On behalf of the Rotary Club Kite Festival Organising Committee, I would like to thank the people of Exmouth for supporting the 3rd Rotary Kite Festival, and, at the same time, raising over �9,000 for charitable purposes, with the largest donation going to Children's Hospice South West.
From the feedback we have received, the children enjoyed making and painting their kites, adult visitors enjoyed the spectacle of the professional kite routines, and everyone connected with the festival, while somewhat fatigued, because of the hot weather, was thrilled that everything went off without a hitch.
We cannot thank the public enough, especially since the festival got off to such a good start with so many attending the Joey the Lips concert on the Friday night, with the spectacular fireworks display to round off the evening.
A great weekend and, once again, a great big thank you to the people of Exmouth. See you in June 2010!
Rotary Club of Exmouth,
- 1 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 2 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 3 Levelling Up bid is important step for Devon
- 4 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 8 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 9 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 10 Giving the Monarchy a bad name...
c/o Manor Hotel,
The Beacon, Exmouth.