Kite festival raises �9,000
During the past few weeks, we, in Exmouth, have seen much to think about, with the very successful festival and Kite Festival over the recent half-term week.
During the past few weeks, we, in Exmouth, have seen much to think about, with the very successful festival and Kite Festival over the recent half-term week. On behalf of the Rotary Club Kite Festival Organising Committee, I would like to thank the people of Exmouth for supporting the 3rd Rotary Kite Festival, and, at the same time, raising over �9,000 for charitable purposes, with the largest donation going to Children's Hospice South West.
From the feedback we have received, the children enjoyed making and painting their kites, adult visitors enjoyed the spectacle of the professional kite routines, and everyone connected with the festival, while somewhat fatigued, because of the hot weather, was thrilled that everything went off without a hitch.
We cannot thank the public enough, especially since the festival got off to such a good start with so many attending the Joey the Lips concert on the Friday night, with the spectacular fireworks display to round off the evening.
A great weekend and, once again, a great big thank you to the people of Exmouth. See you in June 2010!
You may also want to watch:
Rotary Club of Exmouth,
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Call to arms to support your local cinema
- 8 Sound move to join singing group
- 9 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
c/o Manor Hotel,
The Beacon, Exmouth.