Kite festival raises �9,000
During the past few weeks, we, in Exmouth, have seen much to think about, with the very successful festival and Kite Festival over the recent half-term week.
During the past few weeks, we, in Exmouth, have seen much to think about, with the very successful festival and Kite Festival over the recent half-term week. On behalf of the Rotary Club Kite Festival Organising Committee, I would like to thank the people of Exmouth for supporting the 3rd Rotary Kite Festival, and, at the same time, raising over �9,000 for charitable purposes, with the largest donation going to Children's Hospice South West.
From the feedback we have received, the children enjoyed making and painting their kites, adult visitors enjoyed the spectacle of the professional kite routines, and everyone connected with the festival, while somewhat fatigued, because of the hot weather, was thrilled that everything went off without a hitch.
We cannot thank the public enough, especially since the festival got off to such a good start with so many attending the Joey the Lips concert on the Friday night, with the spectacular fireworks display to round off the evening.
A great weekend and, once again, a great big thank you to the people of Exmouth. See you in June 2010!
You may also want to watch:
Rotary Club of Exmouth,
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 7 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 8 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
c/o Manor Hotel,
The Beacon, Exmouth.