Exmouth kitchen fire was accidental

PUBLISHED: 14:30 07 January 2019

Archant

A kitchen fire in Exmouth on Saturday (January 5) was caused accidentally, the fire service has said.

Fire fighters were called out to a property in Albion Street at around 3pm after reports of a kitchen fire.

Fire engines from Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton and Middlemoor all attended.

When the crews arrived a small fire involving food was already out and they used a positive pressure ventilation system to remove smoke from the property.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesperson said the fire was recorded as accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal