Kitchen fire at Colaton Raleigh

Budleigh Salterton firefighters were called to a home in Colaton Raleigh after a fire broke out in a kitchen

Firefighters from Budleigh Salterton were called to a home in Colaton Raleigh on Saturday night following reports a fire had broken out in the kitchen.

When the crew arrived at the Exmouth Road home shortly after 10.30pm they found the fire had already been extinguished.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “It was confirmed that there was a small fire in the ground floor kitchen of the property.

“The fire was out on the arrival of the fire crew. They inspected the area and made it safe before leaving the incident.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter