Kids go mad for their hats
CHILDREN having fun, good weather and money raised. These were head teacher Pat Fowler s positive reflections of Otterton Primary School s Mad Hatters Parade and Fete held last Saturday, May 16. Pat, who said it was a successful event, added: Everybody h
CHILDREN having fun, good weather and money raised.
These were head teacher Pat Fowler's positive reflections of Otterton Primary School's Mad Hatters Parade and Fete held last Saturday, May 16.
Pat, who said it was a successful event, added: "Everybody had a good time. We also had a lucky break with the weather.
"The children all made hats on themes, which were judged, and paraded around the village.
You may also want to watch:
"Stella and David Redfearn, who have been good friends of the school for many years, assessed the hats. Then we disbanded and the fete was open."
The event was organised by the school's parents association. More than �600 was raised.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
Meanwhile, the school is holding an open day on June 5; the sports day takes plane on June 24 and the midsummer nights dream concert is being held on Thursday, July 2.