Kebab shop licence plea rejected

PUBLISHED: 15:30 02 August 2008 | UPDATED: 09:25 10 June 2010

SATURDAY, AUGUST 2: A TOWN centre kebab shop, which has been opening illegally until the early hours, has seen their bid for an extension of their licence refused by planners. The owner of Mo's Kebab shop, on 40 The Strand, have applied to extend their hours of opening from

A TOWN centre kebab shop, which has been opening illegally until the early hours, has seen their bid for an extension of their licence refused by planners.The owner of Mo's Kebab shop, on 40 The Strand, have applied to extend their hours of opening from 12 midnight to 3am - but saw their application recommended for refusal by the town council.The kebab shop had been opening until 3am without permission - and were seeking to legitimise the late opening following concerns by district planners.Town manager Tony Collins said: "I have no concerns from an economic perspective."But I have concerns about the increase in likely rubbish and poor behaviour."He also added that, if granted, street cleanliness would have to be their responsibility.Councillor Ian Stewart said: "They have been opening illegally until 3am and this is a retrospective planning application."It is not situated in what I would call Kebab Alley (further down on The Strand) and is in a different business area, with Prezzos around the corner, a bit more upmarket."He added that he would refuse the application because of concerns about increased litter, noise and disturbing other businesses.The plans will now be considered by East Devon District Council.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists