Police search for missing Julia Williams, last seen in Budleigh, called off
- Credit: Terry Ife/Devon and Cornwall Police
The search for a missing woman last seen in Budleigh Salterton has been called off by police.
However, officers would still like help from members of the public in locating Julia Williams.
Police initially launched an appeal to find the missing woman, saying they were concerned for the welfare of the 24-year-old from Truro, whose car was last seen in Budleigh in the early hours of Saturday, September 5.
Devon and Cornwall Police say searches for Julia have now ceased.
DC Sean McDonnell said: “24-year-old Julia Williams, from Truro, was reported missing on Friday, September 4, and over the past days, officers have been carrying out a number of searches.
You may also want to watch:
“Julia’s family have been made aware that following extensive searches by both the police and members of the public, we have located her car, while Julia herself remains missing.
“At this time, we have no active leads as to her whereabouts and as such we have ceased active searches.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 4 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 10 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
“However, any new information or sightings reported to police will of course be investigated.
“In this case, and as with all missing people within Devon and Cornwall, until a person who is reported missing is found either safe and well, or a body is located, then they will remain as an active missing person and the investigation will remain open.
“Our thoughts are with Julia’s family and friends during this difficult time.”
Anyone who has any information as to her possible whereabouts should call police quoting log 879 of September 4, 2020.