Jolly Jaunt for day hospice wins support from surgery staff
- Credit: Archant
The entire staff from Woodbury Surgery will be putting their best feet forward and taking part in a sponsored walk to raise funds for the East Devon Hospiscare Day Hospice being built in Honiton.
All 25 staff, doctors, nurses, dispensers and administrators will be donning their walking boots for the charity’s A Jolly Good Jaunt on Sunday, October 5.
Those taking part will have a choice of doing either a five mile or 13 mile countryside walk, which will start and finish at The Deer Park Country Hotel, Weston, near Honiton. To complete the rural theme, Hospiscare is encouraging people to wear something tweed for the event. This can be a tweed jacket, cap or even a hanky in a jacket pocket.
Woodbury Surgery practice manager Linda Richardson has made tweed bunting to decorate the surgery and staff will be wearing tweed for the walk.
Linda said: “We all know people who have been involved with Hospiscare, on both a personal and at practice level. A Jolly Jaunt is a great team building exercise for us and for a great cause, and there’s a great feel good factor to this event.”
Staff are already organising training walking sessions. More than 100 people have signed up for the jaunt and Hospiscare is looking for more people to take part. There will be a free hog roast and hot chocolate after the walk.
The appeal total has now reached £150,000 towards the £250,000 total to finish the build, equip and run the day hospice in King Street, Honiton, for the first year.
- 1 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
- 2 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 3 Budleigh joins scheme to put East Devon on green tourism map
- 4 Lympstone Marine trainer halfway through THREE ultra marathon challenge
- 5 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 6 Success for cadets teams in rowing and powerboat contest
- 7 Falklands War anniversary service in Exmouth
- 8 Exmouth prepares to welcome South West in Bloom judges
- 9 Ofwat launch enforcement case against South West Water
- 10 Monty creates Jubilee figure for his last East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival
To take part or for more information visit www.hospiscare.co.uk or call the fundraising team on 01392 688020.
The Big Devon Bake Off, September 13 to 21. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01392 688020, or visit www.hospiscare.co.uk
Hospiscare Skydiving Day on Sunday, September 21, at Duneskwell Airfield. For more information call Hospiscare’s running and challenge fundraiser Celia Wilkinson on 01392 688020 or email email@example.com