John and Garth memorial seat
I was very moved to see the arrival of a beautiful wooden seat at Exmouth Quay to commemorate the lives of my late husband, John, and the Town Crier Garth Gibson.
Both were members of the Exmouth Shantymen singers and the seat, on the walkway at the entrance to the marina, is inscribed “Shantymen Who Set Sail in 2009. Sing on in Heaven’s Bar.”
I would like to thank harbourmaster Keith Graham for coming up with the idea and quay developers Eagle One for providing such a stylish memorial to two fine men.
Thanks also, to Marcia Sands for providing such beautiful words for the inscription.
Mrs Cath Nettleton,
You may also want to watch:
Clipper Wharf, Exmouth Quay.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common