Exmouth-based photographer shows his wild side
- Credit: Archant
Photographer, Luke Hopkins, shares his superb nature photos of the amazing wildlife to be found in and around Exmouth.
Thirty-year-old Luke Hopkins of Colleton Way, Exmouth, talks about his love of wildlife photography.
“I have been interested in wildlife from a very young age. I remember my grandad and brother-in-law taking me out birdwatching as a child and my passion grew from there.
“It wasn’t until I moved from Leicester to Devon in 2010 that I got my first point-and-shoot camera and started going out at weekends taking photos of wildlife. Over the last eight years I have slowly upgraded my camera gear and have learnt more about the local wildlife and where to find it. Living in East Devon we are extremely lucky to have some of the best nature reserves in the country and some of the rarest animals.
“I enjoy going out several times a week and can only see my passion for photographing wildlife growing more and more.”
You may also want to watch:
You can see more of Luke’s work by following him at Luke Hopkins Wildlife Photography on Facebook and Instagram.
MORE: If you enjoy photography and you would like to be considered as a featured photographer then get in touch with Alex at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not join our community of local photographers at www.iwitness24.co.uk and you could start seeing your photos appearing online and in print across our many South West news titles.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 4 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 5 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 6 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 7 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 8 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 9 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar