Is it time for a u-turn on our MP?
Re: Rolle College In an interview on November 22, (The Big Question), David Cameron stated Education is an important issue with the Tory Party and myself.
Re: Rolle College
In an interview on November 22, (The Big Question), David Cameron stated "Education is an important issue with the Tory Party and myself."
Perhaps he should relay this fact to Devon County Council Tories.
Or is the slogan "Time to Change" a covert way of saying "New Lies"? New u-turns?
You may also want to watch:
I have recently learned of plans to spend �59m pounds on new colleges - not one in Exmouth.
No doubt, as the largest town in Devon, we will provide a large quota of this money through council tax.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 6 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Ban and fine for speeding
- 10 From Siberia to Exmouth, here come the geese
We also read that Devon County Council will not visit Exmouth to discuss budget spending.
Is this Tory cowardice?
Remember the General Election nears.
Hugo Swire MP, in his column in the Journal, has made no reference to the u-turn of the Tories.
In the last four issues, he has talked about anything but Rolle College; more evidence of Tory u-turns, what's next to "cut-n-slash"?
No more free bus tickets for OAPs, no more subsidised bus/coach travel for students?
But then there are 21 scooters, for the 531 post-16 students in the college at present.
I am reliably informed the take-up for post-16 education is 74 per cent. Where are the falling numbers Councillor Hart (leader of DCC)?
Finally, the people of Exmouth could do a u-turn of their own at the next elections.
Yes! "It's time for change" - from the Tory candidate.
A J Atkins,
55 Hulham Road,