Is it time for a u-turn on our MP?
Re: Rolle College In an interview on November 22, (The Big Question), David Cameron stated Education is an important issue with the Tory Party and myself.
Re: Rolle College
In an interview on November 22, (The Big Question), David Cameron stated "Education is an important issue with the Tory Party and myself."
Perhaps he should relay this fact to Devon County Council Tories.
Or is the slogan "Time to Change" a covert way of saying "New Lies"? New u-turns?
I have recently learned of plans to spend �59m pounds on new colleges - not one in Exmouth.
No doubt, as the largest town in Devon, we will provide a large quota of this money through council tax.
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 4 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 5 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 9 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 10 Hilary Mantel's desk fetches more than £4,000 at auction
We also read that Devon County Council will not visit Exmouth to discuss budget spending.
Is this Tory cowardice?
Remember the General Election nears.
Hugo Swire MP, in his column in the Journal, has made no reference to the u-turn of the Tories.
In the last four issues, he has talked about anything but Rolle College; more evidence of Tory u-turns, what's next to "cut-n-slash"?
No more free bus tickets for OAPs, no more subsidised bus/coach travel for students?
But then there are 21 scooters, for the 531 post-16 students in the college at present.
I am reliably informed the take-up for post-16 education is 74 per cent. Where are the falling numbers Councillor Hart (leader of DCC)?
Finally, the people of Exmouth could do a u-turn of their own at the next elections.
Yes! "It's time for change" - from the Tory candidate.
A J Atkins,
55 Hulham Road,