Is it time for a u-turn on our MP?
Re: Rolle College In an interview on November 22, (The Big Question), David Cameron stated Education is an important issue with the Tory Party and myself.
Re: Rolle College
In an interview on November 22, (The Big Question), David Cameron stated "Education is an important issue with the Tory Party and myself."
Perhaps he should relay this fact to Devon County Council Tories.
Or is the slogan "Time to Change" a covert way of saying "New Lies"? New u-turns?
I have recently learned of plans to spend �59m pounds on new colleges - not one in Exmouth.
No doubt, as the largest town in Devon, we will provide a large quota of this money through council tax.
- 1 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 2 Budleigh youngsters impress in their first outing of 2022
- 3 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 4 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 5 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 6 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 7 Plastic Free Exmouth reflect on a busy year for the group
- 8 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 9 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 10 Cash grants on offer to Exmouth youth support groups
We also read that Devon County Council will not visit Exmouth to discuss budget spending.
Is this Tory cowardice?
Remember the General Election nears.
Hugo Swire MP, in his column in the Journal, has made no reference to the u-turn of the Tories.
In the last four issues, he has talked about anything but Rolle College; more evidence of Tory u-turns, what's next to "cut-n-slash"?
No more free bus tickets for OAPs, no more subsidised bus/coach travel for students?
But then there are 21 scooters, for the 531 post-16 students in the college at present.
I am reliably informed the take-up for post-16 education is 74 per cent. Where are the falling numbers Councillor Hart (leader of DCC)?
Finally, the people of Exmouth could do a u-turn of their own at the next elections.
Yes! "It's time for change" - from the Tory candidate.
A J Atkins,
55 Hulham Road,