In safe hands
In reply “to using land wisely” – letters dated April 28
I read, with interest, John Varley’s comments and applaud the commitment of Clinton Devon Estates (CDE) to protecting the environment.
The point of this debate, it would seem, is that the Greenway Lane allotment site in Budleigh Salterton is already an environment which is quite safe in the hands of more than 60 people.
I gather that a 1,000-strong, signed petition has been handed to CDE, showing people’s objections.
Mr Varley puts great importance on listening, first-hand, to the concerns and aspirations of gardeners. Perhaps he ought to remove the earplugs.
You may also want to watch:
Major William Morris-Paper, Rtd
Red Brick House, Granary Lane,
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year