Impressive new organ at Topsham church
CHURCHGOERS who attend St Margaret s in Topsham are being welcomed into the building with the unmissable sight of a new organ. More than �100,000 was raised between 2002 and 2008 to buy an impressive organ from a church in Plymouth seven years ago. Build
CHURCHGOERS who attend St Margaret's in Topsham are being welcomed into the building with the unmissable sight of a new organ.
More than �100,000 was raised between 2002 and 2008 to buy an impressive organ from a church in Plymouth seven years ago.
Builders have been busy fitting the instrument which the Reverend Richard Jeffery said would be ready to use soon.
He said: "We are delighted with the organ and it will be a lovely addition to the church. We are looking forward to hearing it."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jeffery said there would be an inaugural recital in the New Year and a special act of dedication for the organ on November 29.
Michael Farley, organ-builder, from Budleigh Salterton, said: "It is rare for such an instrument to become available.
- 1 ejl wk24 new constituency
- 2 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
- 4 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
- 5 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 6 Exmouth Town gearing up for pre-season campaign
- 7 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 8 Brilliant win on the road for Budleigh
- 9 Home care fair aims to raise awareness and provide advice
- 10 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
"I have inspected it several times and know it to be built of the finest materials - mainly solid mahogany.
"As it was built only 50 years ago, it is relatively new in organ-building terms.
"This would be a sound investment for future generations and would give a complete instrument - one which has not been altered and will last, almost indefinitely with a minimum of maintenance.