Illuminate the speed limit
A recent report in your paper caught my eye regarding the number of motorists caught speeding along Dinan Way
A recent report in your paper caught my eye regarding the number of motorists caught speeding along Dinan Way.
If Devon County Council and the police are so concerned about reducing the number of accidents on our roads, why don't they provide reminders of the speed limit along this road. Could I suggest an electronic sign that illuminates when approaching vehicles exceed the limit - rather like the sign near King's Garden Centre.
After reading the article, I asked several people if they knew the speed limit along Dinan Way and most assumed it was 40mph.
I would be interested to hear other readers views on this matter or am I the only motorist who feels speeding fines are too attractive a proposition for this Government to consider other alternatives? (I was not one of the unfortunates to be caught).
You may also want to watch:
24 Bunn Road,
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 3 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 4 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 9 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 10 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers