Illuminate the speed limit
A recent report in your paper caught my eye regarding the number of motorists caught speeding along Dinan Way
A recent report in your paper caught my eye regarding the number of motorists caught speeding along Dinan Way.
If Devon County Council and the police are so concerned about reducing the number of accidents on our roads, why don't they provide reminders of the speed limit along this road. Could I suggest an electronic sign that illuminates when approaching vehicles exceed the limit - rather like the sign near King's Garden Centre.
After reading the article, I asked several people if they knew the speed limit along Dinan Way and most assumed it was 40mph.
I would be interested to hear other readers views on this matter or am I the only motorist who feels speeding fines are too attractive a proposition for this Government to consider other alternatives? (I was not one of the unfortunates to be caught).
You may also want to watch:
24 Bunn Road,
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 4 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 5 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 6 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Phear Park lose out in semi-finals
- 10 Captain’s Day at Madeira Bowls