How can he still represent us?
So Councillor Malcolm Florey intends to keep his ‘oar stuck in’ as regards the affairs of Budleigh Salterton, even though he has deserted to another country.
I understand that, legally, he can remain as a councillor until the next election (who said that the law was an Ass?), but hardly moral.
Why should a person resident outside our area, let alone our country, carry jurisdiction over the residents of East Devon? Surely, his responsibilities are now due to his friends etc, in France!
As regards our other two councillors, I consider it is up to them, individually, to say what, if any, support they will give him for the remainder of his term in office.
How strange that the article in the paper concludes with a reference to Pooh Cottage, a dire affair that has already earned East Devon District Council a severe reprimand from the Local Authority Ombudsman for ‘maladministration’ and a number of turn-downs from the Planning Inspectorate at Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
Dalditch Lane, Knowle,