Hospital fete: thank you
May I, through your columns, express the sincere thanks of the executive committee of the Exmouth Hospital League of Friends to all who supported and attended our 49th annual hospital fete, which took place at the hospital on Saturday, August 8,
May I, through your columns, express the sincere thanks of the executive committee of the Exmouth Hospital League of Friends to all who supported and attended our 49th annual hospital fete, which took place at the hospital on Saturday, August 8, and reported in your issue dated August 13.
The League of Friends is very grateful to the hospital departments, local organisations, and friends and supporters of the hospital who provided a variety of stalls, and to all those who contributed prizes for the hospital draw, including local businesses Paul Ashby-Crane Ltd, Tesco Stores Ltd, Darts Farm and Kings Garden and Leisure Ltd.
As in previous years, special thanks are due to Mrs Jean Grant and her team of ladies from Withycombe Women's Institute who supplied, prepared and served excellent teas on the hospital lawn throughout the afternoon.
We express our thanks also to the Exmouth Town Concert Band for their entertainment, John Tansley of East Devon Farmers' Market for supplying and erecting the awnings for the band and teas on the lawn, and Exe Trail Ices for their services in providing ices during the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 3 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 4 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 5 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 6 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 7 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 8 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 9 Budleigh football facing a moral dilemma
- 10 Lets use money from cancelled holidays to help those in need - Anthony Bernard
39 Meadow View Road, Exmouth.