Hospital fete: thank you
May I, through your columns, express the sincere thanks of the executive committee of the Exmouth Hospital League of Friends to all who supported and attended our 49th annual hospital fete, which took place at the hospital on Saturday, August 8,
May I, through your columns, express the sincere thanks of the executive committee of the Exmouth Hospital League of Friends to all who supported and attended our 49th annual hospital fete, which took place at the hospital on Saturday, August 8, and reported in your issue dated August 13.
The League of Friends is very grateful to the hospital departments, local organisations, and friends and supporters of the hospital who provided a variety of stalls, and to all those who contributed prizes for the hospital draw, including local businesses Paul Ashby-Crane Ltd, Tesco Stores Ltd, Darts Farm and Kings Garden and Leisure Ltd.
As in previous years, special thanks are due to Mrs Jean Grant and her team of ladies from Withycombe Women's Institute who supplied, prepared and served excellent teas on the hospital lawn throughout the afternoon.
We express our thanks also to the Exmouth Town Concert Band for their entertainment, John Tansley of East Devon Farmers' Market for supplying and erecting the awnings for the band and teas on the lawn, and Exe Trail Ices for their services in providing ices during the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 3 Jack does the trick in Budleigh victory
- 4 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 5 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 6 Exmouth Harrier Jenny Reay excels at Newton Abbot Ladies 10km
- 7 Round-robin barbecue event huge success
- 8 Festival is blessed with sunshine and celebrities
- 9 Huge lifestyle changes are needed to avert disaster
- 10 Difficult decisions needed to tackle big issues
39 Meadow View Road, Exmouth.