Hospital fete: thank you
May I, through your columns, express the sincere thanks of the executive committee of the Exmouth Hospital League of Friends to all who supported and attended our 49th annual hospital fete, which took place at the hospital on Saturday, August 8,
May I, through your columns, express the sincere thanks of the executive committee of the Exmouth Hospital League of Friends to all who supported and attended our 49th annual hospital fete, which took place at the hospital on Saturday, August 8, and reported in your issue dated August 13.
The League of Friends is very grateful to the hospital departments, local organisations, and friends and supporters of the hospital who provided a variety of stalls, and to all those who contributed prizes for the hospital draw, including local businesses Paul Ashby-Crane Ltd, Tesco Stores Ltd, Darts Farm and Kings Garden and Leisure Ltd.
As in previous years, special thanks are due to Mrs Jean Grant and her team of ladies from Withycombe Women's Institute who supplied, prepared and served excellent teas on the hospital lawn throughout the afternoon.
We express our thanks also to the Exmouth Town Concert Band for their entertainment, John Tansley of East Devon Farmers' Market for supplying and erecting the awnings for the band and teas on the lawn, and Exe Trail Ices for their services in providing ices during the afternoon.
- 1 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 2 Win keeps Exmouth Town second with games in hand
- 3 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 4 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 5 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 6 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 7 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 8 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 9 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 10 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
39 Meadow View Road, Exmouth.