Virtual Men’s Walk raises vital funds for Hospiscare
- Credit: Hospiscare
Supporters from across East Devon turned their miles into money for a local charity walking event.
More than 600 people took part in Men’s Walk – Your Way to raise vital funds for Hospiscare.
As Men’s Walk couldn’t take place in its normal format this year due to the current lockdown, every single walker received a special Men’s Walk box, kindly delivered by DPD at no cost to the local charity.
The box included a bottle of special Men’s Walk tenth anniversary beer from Exeter Brewery, a pasty from Chunk of Devon and a Men’s Walk t-shirt and beanie.
A spokesman for Hospiscare said the charity has been ‘overwhelmed’ by the support the community has shown Men’s Walk in its new format.
The charity thanked everyone who took part in Men’s Walk – Your Way and, although the walkers had to take part in groups miles apart, together they raised more than £87,000 to support end-of-life care in Devon.
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 4 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 7 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 8 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures