Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- Credit: Hospiscare
A number of Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton businesses have answered a pre-Christmas fundraising call from Hospiscare.
Home Instead Senior Care, Howdens Exmouth, Shoobridge Funeral Services and World of Country Life are among the businesses who have helped raise £14,500.
In the lead-up to Christmas, more than local businesses came together to support end-of-life charity.
Hospiscare launched its 12 Days of Care initiative which appealed to the business community to sponsor a period of care on the hospice ward in the lead-up to Christmas.
Hospiscare nurse and Ward Manager Ruth Wills said: “The holidays really have the power to bring happiness and to give people the chance to make memories to remember forever.
“We send our thanks to everyone who has supported Hospiscare via the 12 Days of Care and throughout this pandemic – your support makes a lifelong difference to so many.”
Hospiscare extends their grateful thanks all the businesses who supported their 12 Days of Care initiative.
- 1 'I strongly believe there is an argument for opening restaurants now'
- 2 Dog walkers urged to follow Four Paws Code
- 3 D-day looms for Beautiful Days festival
- 4 Mayor’s ‘life in lockdown’ art competition launched
- 5 High tech skills training at former Flybe centre shows how Devon is preparing for life after the pandemic
- 6 The radio is off but it's still important to support local bands
- 7 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 8 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 9 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 10 Prada Cup disappointment for Exmouth sailor