Hide it, or lose it - police warn drivers
Exmouth police are warning drivers they face having their car broken into if they leave property on display. The message comes after a number of cars were targeted.
A spate of vehicle crime in Exmouth has prompted police to warn drivers not to leave valuables on display.
A wallet with cash was stolen from a blue Citroen Berlingo van parked in Alexandra Terrace. It was taken from the locked vehicle on Monday, March 21, between 6.30pm and 11.20pm.
The thief gained entry by smashing the driver’s window,
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police, quoting crime reference number KE/11/769.
You may also want to watch:
Cash and credit cards were stolen from a white Citroen Berlingo van parked in Hartop Road between 10.30pm on Monday, March 21, and 7.30am the following day.
Police said the thief smashed the van’s window to gain entry to the vehicle. Quote crime reference KE/11/773 if you have any information to help police.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 5 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Cash was stolen from a blue Vauxhall Astra car, also parked in Hartop Road, on Tuesday, March 22.
Officers said the driver’s window was smashed between 9.45pm and 10.30pm. The crime reference is KE/11/776.
Anyone with information about these crimes is asked to contact police community support officer Colin Balch on 08452 777444, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.