HemingwayDesign seafront consultants appointment rubber-stamped by EDDC
- Credit: Archant
East Devon District Council bosses have approved the appointment of HemingwayDesign to help with the final phase of the Exmouth seafront regeneration scheme.
The appointment of coastal regeneration specialists to help with the transformation of Exmouth seafront has been rubber stamped.
At a meeting on Wednesday (March 7) East Devon District Council cabinet bosses approved the selection of HemingwayDesign as a consultant in the final phase of the Queens Drive regeneration scheme.
The company, which has worked with authorities in Boscombe, Bognor Regis, Margate, Morecambe, Lowestoft and Weston-Super-Mare, will play a ‘key role’ in developing a mix of leisure uses for the site east of the old lifeboat station.
HemingwayDesign was set up by Red or Dead fashion label co-founder Wayne Hemingway.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking prior to the meeting Mr Hemingway said: “There is a real opportunity for the town to look forward with confidence.”
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 6 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 7 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 8 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 9 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 10 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed