I support animal welfare charity The Brooke and run the Topsham supporter group.
Since February, The Brooke has fed and treated horses and donkeys affected by the collapse of tourism in Egypt.
In total, around 90,000 kg of feed has been distributed and more than 16,000 veterinary treatments have been carried out in Cairo, Edfu, Aswan and Luxor.
In the past year, we have raised more than �1,200 for the charity through coffee mornings, stalls and collections held in Topsham and we have been greatly supported by our very generous community.
I wanted to let your readers know this fantastic charity, which I have supported for 15 years, has set up an innovative way to celebrate special occasions or pay tribute to the people and animals you care about.
You may also want to watch:
By setting up a personalised online donation page, in memory of a loved one or cherished pet, you can invite your friends and family to get involved.
Every penny raised will make a lasting difference to hard-working horses and donkeys overseas.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 4 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
It could not be easier to set up your unique giving page, simply visit http://givingfunds.thebrooke.org for more information.
It really is a great way to ensure special memories live on.
Topsham Brooke supporter,