Help to relieve OAP loneliness
Please may I ask for the Journal’s assistance in finding a volunteer driver to help for a couple of hours once a month on a Sunday afternoon with our local charity group?
Contact the Elderly is a national charity that helps relieve the loneliness and isolation often felt by elderly people who live alone in their own homes.
On one Sunday afternoon each month, three volunteer drivers take a group of nine elderly guests out for tea provided by a volunteer hostess. You can see more about us at www.contact-the-elderly.org.uk.
The elderly members in our friendly and thriving local group live in Exmouth, Lympstone and Budleigh. We have been running successfully for over seven years, but now need a new volunteer driver with their own four-door car.
You would collect two of our guests from their homes and drive them to the hostess for tea, which is held between 3pm and 5pm on the second Sunday of every month in Exmouth or Budleigh.
If anyone feels they might be able to help and would like more information, please call me on 07814 812035 or email me at: email@example.com.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Exmouth RNLI rescue paddleboards caught in rip tide
- 3 Exmouth classic car show returns this August
- 4 Plastic free fest held in Exmouth
- 5 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 6 Local history: Withycombe Raleigh's churches
- 7 South West warning for drought issued
- 8 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 9 Volunteers sought for Exmouth charity shop
- 10 Exmouth toilets could become an 'eco hub'
Contact the Elderly.
Exmouth, Lympstone and Budleigh Salterton Group.