Help to relieve OAP loneliness
Please may I ask for the Journal’s assistance in finding a volunteer driver to help for a couple of hours once a month on a Sunday afternoon with our local charity group?
Contact the Elderly is a national charity that helps relieve the loneliness and isolation often felt by elderly people who live alone in their own homes.
On one Sunday afternoon each month, three volunteer drivers take a group of nine elderly guests out for tea provided by a volunteer hostess. You can see more about us at www.contact-the-elderly.org.uk.
The elderly members in our friendly and thriving local group live in Exmouth, Lympstone and Budleigh. We have been running successfully for over seven years, but now need a new volunteer driver with their own four-door car.
You would collect two of our guests from their homes and drive them to the hostess for tea, which is held between 3pm and 5pm on the second Sunday of every month in Exmouth or Budleigh.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone feels they might be able to help and would like more information, please call me on 07814 812035 or email me at: email@example.com.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
Contact the Elderly.
Exmouth, Lympstone and Budleigh Salterton Group.