Health bosses give assurance East Devon hospital beds will not close until ‘stringent’ measures in place
- Credit: Archant
‘Robust gateway process must be satisfied before proposals are implemented’
Health bosses have given assurances they will not close community hospital beds until a series of ‘stringent tests and measures’ are satisfied.
NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) issued the statement in response to concerns raised by MP Sir Hugo Swire over whether adequate alternative care will be put in place.
The CCG says its proposals – under which Sidmouth stands to lose all of its inpatient beds – aim to improve the way elderly and frail people are cared for.
Speaking on behalf of the CCG, Budleigh Salterton-based GP Dr Rick Mejzner said: “Clinicians have developed a series of tests, building on a similar process used to support the implementation of changes in Northern Devon, which will underpin the introduction of the plan.
You may also want to watch:
“This process comprises 30 key questions and scenarios which must be addressed, with supporting evidence, to measure the impact the new models of care will have across primary and secondary care settings.”
“Each of the 30 questions in this robust ‘gateway process’ must have a positive answer with evidence provided before any changes could happen. This will ensure that GPs and other clinicians have confidence in a safe implementation.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 7 Exmouth Talking Newspaper celebrates 40th birthday
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 10 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
The CCG is hosting a drop-in event as part of its ongoing consultation on Friday, December 16, from 2.30pm to 4.30pm, at Kennaway House, where residents are welcome to ask questions and leave feedback.
More information on the consultation is available at the CCG website www.newdevonccg.nhs.uk.