Health and well-being checks in Exmouth
CARERS are being given the opportunity to have free health checks from GP surgeries in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton. The hour-long health and wellbeing checks assess the carers physical, mental and emotional health. Twenty one GP surgeries and three ph
CARERS are being given the opportunity to have free health checks from GP surgeries in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton.
The hour-long health and wellbeing checks assess the carers' physical, mental and emotional health. Twenty one GP surgeries and three pharmacies in the towns will offer the service.
Carers, between the age of 40 and 74 can also choose to receive a vascular check to predict their risk of developing problems such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes, where these have not previously been diagnosed.
Stuart Barker, Devon County Council's cabinet member for adult social care, said: "Health and wellbeing checks have been identified by carers as a priority in Devon.
You may also want to watch:
"Carers provide an essential service, and deserve support like this, which will help keep them fit and able to live their own lives while they are caring for others. "
A further 20 GP surgeries and other health teams across Devon have expressed interest in being part of the project and will have appointments from April 1.
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 3 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 4 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 5 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 6 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 7 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 8 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 9 Phear Park lose out in semi-finals
- 10 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
Current providers of the health and wellbeing checks are: Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre; Claremont Medical Practice, Exmouth; Imperial Surgery, Exmouth; Lewis Pharmacy, Exmouth; Pines Pharmacy, Exmouth; Lloyds Pharmacy, Exmouth and Tesco Pharmacy, Exmouth.