Health and well-being checks in Exmouth
CARERS are being given the opportunity to have free health checks from GP surgeries in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton. The hour-long health and wellbeing checks assess the carers physical, mental and emotional health. Twenty one GP surgeries and three ph
CARERS are being given the opportunity to have free health checks from GP surgeries in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton.
The hour-long health and wellbeing checks assess the carers' physical, mental and emotional health. Twenty one GP surgeries and three pharmacies in the towns will offer the service.
Carers, between the age of 40 and 74 can also choose to receive a vascular check to predict their risk of developing problems such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes, where these have not previously been diagnosed.
Stuart Barker, Devon County Council's cabinet member for adult social care, said: "Health and wellbeing checks have been identified by carers as a priority in Devon.
You may also want to watch:
"Carers provide an essential service, and deserve support like this, which will help keep them fit and able to live their own lives while they are caring for others. "
A further 20 GP surgeries and other health teams across Devon have expressed interest in being part of the project and will have appointments from April 1.
- 1 LED venues set out plans for reopening on roadmap out of lockdown
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after Clyst St George collision
- 3 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 4 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 5 Climate Conversation programme for Exmouth and Honiton
- 6 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 7 Budleigh Male Voice Choir resuming in-person rehearsals
- 8 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Julian Tagg Column
Current providers of the health and wellbeing checks are: Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre; Claremont Medical Practice, Exmouth; Imperial Surgery, Exmouth; Lewis Pharmacy, Exmouth; Pines Pharmacy, Exmouth; Lloyds Pharmacy, Exmouth and Tesco Pharmacy, Exmouth.