Health and well-being checks in Exmouth
CARERS are being given the opportunity to have free health checks from GP surgeries in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton. The hour-long health and wellbeing checks assess the carers physical, mental and emotional health. Twenty one GP surgeries and three ph
CARERS are being given the opportunity to have free health checks from GP surgeries in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton.
The hour-long health and wellbeing checks assess the carers' physical, mental and emotional health. Twenty one GP surgeries and three pharmacies in the towns will offer the service.
Carers, between the age of 40 and 74 can also choose to receive a vascular check to predict their risk of developing problems such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes, where these have not previously been diagnosed.
Stuart Barker, Devon County Council's cabinet member for adult social care, said: "Health and wellbeing checks have been identified by carers as a priority in Devon.
"Carers provide an essential service, and deserve support like this, which will help keep them fit and able to live their own lives while they are caring for others. "
A further 20 GP surgeries and other health teams across Devon have expressed interest in being part of the project and will have appointments from April 1.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 4 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Theatre group returns with 9 to 5 musical magic
- 9 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
Current providers of the health and wellbeing checks are: Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre; Claremont Medical Practice, Exmouth; Imperial Surgery, Exmouth; Lewis Pharmacy, Exmouth; Pines Pharmacy, Exmouth; Lloyds Pharmacy, Exmouth and Tesco Pharmacy, Exmouth.