Health and well-being checks in Exmouth
CARERS are being given the opportunity to have free health checks from GP surgeries in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton. The hour-long health and wellbeing checks assess the carers physical, mental and emotional health. Twenty one GP surgeries and three ph
CARERS are being given the opportunity to have free health checks from GP surgeries in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton.
The hour-long health and wellbeing checks assess the carers' physical, mental and emotional health. Twenty one GP surgeries and three pharmacies in the towns will offer the service.
Carers, between the age of 40 and 74 can also choose to receive a vascular check to predict their risk of developing problems such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes, where these have not previously been diagnosed.
Stuart Barker, Devon County Council's cabinet member for adult social care, said: "Health and wellbeing checks have been identified by carers as a priority in Devon.
You may also want to watch:
"Carers provide an essential service, and deserve support like this, which will help keep them fit and able to live their own lives while they are caring for others. "
A further 20 GP surgeries and other health teams across Devon have expressed interest in being part of the project and will have appointments from April 1.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 6 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Current providers of the health and wellbeing checks are: Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre; Claremont Medical Practice, Exmouth; Imperial Surgery, Exmouth; Lewis Pharmacy, Exmouth; Pines Pharmacy, Exmouth; Lloyds Pharmacy, Exmouth and Tesco Pharmacy, Exmouth.