Heads should roll
It would appear, at last, that some county chiefs have questioned the costs of the proposed Strand pavilion building.
What an utter shambles. The people who voted for or supported this ill-conceived vanity project only saw what they wanted to see without ever considering any consequences.
It is pretty clear to see why East Devon District Council is running scared of a town poll on the Strand building because, quite frankly, I would not trust them to run a bath at the moment!
You have to seriously question why this project in its current form was allowed to get so far. There should be an investigation and heads should roll.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter