Heads below the parapets...
REGARDING your article about the petition to save Rolle College. t to save Rolle, backed by the Lib Dem county council, with John Har
REGARDING your article about the petition to save Rolle College. Funny, isn't it, how Sara Randall Johnson and MP Hugo Swire, Conservatives both, crowed how they were "leading" the fight to save Rolle, backed by the Lib Dem county council, with John Hart (Conservative) as Brian Greenslade's supportive deputy.
It all looked so promising... and then the Conservatives won the county back
Since Devon went blue (in part, thanks to Sara Randall Johnson standing against, and defeating, an excellent independent councillor), John Hart, now leader, has pulled the plug on the deal.
I am not surprised we have heard nothing from Sara Randall Johnson or Hugo Swire for a while; they will be keeping their heads under the parapets. Oh, hang on, is Mr Swire back from his 82-day holiday yet, I wonder?
You may also want to watch:
Sara Randall Johnson may well try to pass the responsibility for this situation on to the government and previous county administration, but she takes us all for fools by doing so.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 6 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 9 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
19 Withycombe Road, Exmouth.