Heads below the parapets...
REGARDING your article about the petition to save Rolle College. t to save Rolle, backed by the Lib Dem county council, with John Har
REGARDING your article about the petition to save Rolle College. Funny, isn't it, how Sara Randall Johnson and MP Hugo Swire, Conservatives both, crowed how they were "leading" the fight to save Rolle, backed by the Lib Dem county council, with John Hart (Conservative) as Brian Greenslade's supportive deputy.
It all looked so promising... and then the Conservatives won the county back
Since Devon went blue (in part, thanks to Sara Randall Johnson standing against, and defeating, an excellent independent councillor), John Hart, now leader, has pulled the plug on the deal.
I am not surprised we have heard nothing from Sara Randall Johnson or Hugo Swire for a while; they will be keeping their heads under the parapets. Oh, hang on, is Mr Swire back from his 82-day holiday yet, I wonder?
You may also want to watch:
Sara Randall Johnson may well try to pass the responsibility for this situation on to the government and previous county administration, but she takes us all for fools by doing so.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 10 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington
19 Withycombe Road, Exmouth.