Heads below the parapets...
REGARDING your article about the petition to save Rolle College. t to save Rolle, backed by the Lib Dem county council, with John Har
REGARDING your article about the petition to save Rolle College. Funny, isn't it, how Sara Randall Johnson and MP Hugo Swire, Conservatives both, crowed how they were "leading" the fight to save Rolle, backed by the Lib Dem county council, with John Hart (Conservative) as Brian Greenslade's supportive deputy.
It all looked so promising... and then the Conservatives won the county back
Since Devon went blue (in part, thanks to Sara Randall Johnson standing against, and defeating, an excellent independent councillor), John Hart, now leader, has pulled the plug on the deal.
I am not surprised we have heard nothing from Sara Randall Johnson or Hugo Swire for a while; they will be keeping their heads under the parapets. Oh, hang on, is Mr Swire back from his 82-day holiday yet, I wonder?
You may also want to watch:
Sara Randall Johnson may well try to pass the responsibility for this situation on to the government and previous county administration, but she takes us all for fools by doing so.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
19 Withycombe Road, Exmouth.