Hawkwind supports Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Band members to perform in Connaught Gardens during Sidmouth Folk Week.
Dave Brock and Huw Lloyd-Langton, of Hawkwind, will next week turn out to support a fund-raising open mic event at Sidmouth Folk Week.
The event, which has been organised by local students, is to be staged in Connaught Gardens and will be a showcase of local talent - featuring everything from singer/songwriters to metal acts.
Dave said: “I’ll be bringing my harmonica and guitar along, and me and Huw will do a couple of numbers together. It’ll be fun and it’s for a very good cause.”
Entry is free, but there will be a collection to raise money for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, a charity which relies solely on donations.
You may also want to watch:
The event is taking place on Wednesday, August 8, from 1pm to 6pm.
- 1 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 2 Call to arms to support your local cinema
- 3 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Exmouth beach ramp extension will go ahead next month
- 6 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Budleigh Ladies triumph in an East Devon classic
- 9 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 10 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter