Having a wheelie good time in Exmouth
Hospice worker Tim Harlow proved what a wheelie good time could be had fundraising when he spent three days on a unicycle to raise cash for Hospiscare.
Tim, who has worked at the Exeter Hospice for nine years, pedalled along Exmouth seafront as part of a 26-mile ‘uni-thon’ challenge, unicycling through Devon as part of the Day Hospice Appeal
Aiming to cycle most of the way unless faced by steep hills, Tim’s trip took him along Willand to Tiverton on day one, from Exmouth to Darts Farm, Topsham, on day two and the final leg from Exeter Quay to the charity’s centre in Dryden Road, Exeter.
Tim began mastering the unicycle four years ago after looking for an ‘unusual’ venture.
He said: “It attracted me on the grounds it’s illogical and unreasonable, but a lot of fun.
You may also want to watch:
“I just looked up some tips on the internet one day and took it from there.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way