Firstly, I would like to praise Etta and Mr Appleby for tidying the church area, keeping it decent for those who use it.
Secondly, I sympathise and understand their frustration.
My son, James, is now six and picks up litter on the way to Marpool School.
Even though the council has provided bins, some litter is dropped close to the bins and we do find dog poo bags simply dropped.
It is about respect for each other and where we live.
For me, if I do not tidy, I am saying to my children that it is okay to mess up where we live - so we keep on tidying up. I hope people feel respected and cared for as we do it.
Since the church land is private, with a right of way, perhaps making it ‘No Dogs Allowed’ would help.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 8 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach