Hard work paid off for festival
I would like to write a brief note of thanks to all the people who have made this year s Exmouth Festival such a success. I am now standing down as chairman of the festival but in my two years I have been privileged to work with Nicky Nicholls last year
I would like to write a brief note of thanks to all the people who have made this year's Exmouth Festival such a success.
I am now standing down as chairman of the festival but in my two years I have been privileged to work with Nicky Nicholls last year and with the new organiser for this year, Chris Woods.
Both are incredibly talented individuals - backed up by an amazing (and ever-increasing) group of festival volunteers and helpers, without whom there would be no festival.
A big thank you to each and every one of them.
The festival has been going for more than a decade and hopefully is building in strength and increasing its reputation among Exmouth residents and visitors to the town each year.
The information relayed by the Exmouth Journal and Bay FM played a large role in ensuring that the numbers of people attending the events were just phenomenal.
- 1 Re-surfacing work in Exmouth street branded an 'absolute mess'
- 2 Transforming Exmouth’s seafront into a collaborative canvas
- 3 Victory in the Ottery tournament for Brixington Blues
- 4 RNLI rescue canoeist in difficulty at Budleigh Salterton
- 5 Swimming pool flasher sent to mental hospital
- 6 Otterton 10-year old trekking 100 miles for endangered animals
- 7 Two paddleboarders on River Exe rescued by RNLI
- 8 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 9 Hard yards on and off the pitch for Exmouth Town
- 10 Happy bowling birthday to John Anderson
The superb weather played a part, but so did the tremendous programme of events, which kept all areas of the town centre busy.
A final thank you to the incredibly hard working staff at the town hall. They volunteer so much time above and beyond what they are paid to do. They are an absolute credit to Exmouth.
Councillor Darryl Nicholas.