Half-term ramble for kids
KIDS on half term next week get the chance to go on a series of nature rambles with the district council s Education Ranger, James Chubb.
KIDS on half term next week get the chance to go on a series of nature rambles with the district council's Education Ranger, James Chubb.
James will try to find almost everything that walks, crawls, flies or swims on the Local Nature Reserves.
On Thursday May 28 James will be on his hands and knees crawling around the Maer Local Nature Reserve in Exmouth too look out for some of the amazing burrowing bees. Meet at 2pm.
On Tuesday, May 26 there are three events at Fire Beacon Hill Local Nature Reserve; a reptile ramble at 9am; bugs and beasties at 2pm and night jars at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
For this event meet at the Bowd Inn.
On Wednesday May 27 James will be at Holyford Woods Local nature Reserve to listen out for birds. Meet at the lay-by at the top of Seaton Down Hill at 10am.
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Repair cafe opens again
- 3 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 4 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 5 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
- 9 Extraordinary win for Budleigh Seconds
- 10 Beacon of success: a tribute to the life and times of Spud Rowsell
On Friday May 29 James will be at Seaton Marshes Local Nature Reserve for a pond-dipping session. Met in the car park at 10am.
For more information call: (01395) 517557.