Half-term ramble for kids
KIDS on half term next week get the chance to go on a series of nature rambles with the district council s Education Ranger, James Chubb.
KIDS on half term next week get the chance to go on a series of nature rambles with the district council's Education Ranger, James Chubb.
James will try to find almost everything that walks, crawls, flies or swims on the Local Nature Reserves.
On Thursday May 28 James will be on his hands and knees crawling around the Maer Local Nature Reserve in Exmouth too look out for some of the amazing burrowing bees. Meet at 2pm.
On Tuesday, May 26 there are three events at Fire Beacon Hill Local Nature Reserve; a reptile ramble at 9am; bugs and beasties at 2pm and night jars at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
For this event meet at the Bowd Inn.
On Wednesday May 27 James will be at Holyford Woods Local nature Reserve to listen out for birds. Meet at the lay-by at the top of Seaton Down Hill at 10am.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
On Friday May 29 James will be at Seaton Marshes Local Nature Reserve for a pond-dipping session. Met in the car park at 10am.
For more information call: (01395) 517557.