Half-term ramble for kids
KIDS on half term next week get the chance to go on a series of nature rambles with the district council s Education Ranger, James Chubb.
KIDS on half term next week get the chance to go on a series of nature rambles with the district council's Education Ranger, James Chubb.
James will try to find almost everything that walks, crawls, flies or swims on the Local Nature Reserves.
On Thursday May 28 James will be on his hands and knees crawling around the Maer Local Nature Reserve in Exmouth too look out for some of the amazing burrowing bees. Meet at 2pm.
On Tuesday, May 26 there are three events at Fire Beacon Hill Local Nature Reserve; a reptile ramble at 9am; bugs and beasties at 2pm and night jars at 7pm.
For this event meet at the Bowd Inn.
On Wednesday May 27 James will be at Holyford Woods Local nature Reserve to listen out for birds. Meet at the lay-by at the top of Seaton Down Hill at 10am.
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 3 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 4 Free water dispensers set up in Exmouth to cut plastic waste
- 5 'Residents will be unimpressed with MPs over Boris'
- 6 Budleigh prevail in terrific advert for Devon Football League
- 7 Lions president marks 100th volunteer shift as Covid jab centre steward
- 8 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 9 'Mud: Mucky, marvellous - but misunderstood'
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
On Friday May 29 James will be at Seaton Marshes Local Nature Reserve for a pond-dipping session. Met in the car park at 10am.
For more information call: (01395) 517557.