Half-term ramble for kids
KIDS on half term next week get the chance to go on a series of nature rambles with the district council s Education Ranger, James Chubb.
KIDS on half term next week get the chance to go on a series of nature rambles with the district council's Education Ranger, James Chubb.
James will try to find almost everything that walks, crawls, flies or swims on the Local Nature Reserves.
On Thursday May 28 James will be on his hands and knees crawling around the Maer Local Nature Reserve in Exmouth too look out for some of the amazing burrowing bees. Meet at 2pm.
On Tuesday, May 26 there are three events at Fire Beacon Hill Local Nature Reserve; a reptile ramble at 9am; bugs and beasties at 2pm and night jars at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
For this event meet at the Bowd Inn.
On Wednesday May 27 James will be at Holyford Woods Local nature Reserve to listen out for birds. Meet at the lay-by at the top of Seaton Down Hill at 10am.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 8 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 9 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
On Friday May 29 James will be at Seaton Marshes Local Nature Reserve for a pond-dipping session. Met in the car park at 10am.
For more information call: (01395) 517557.