Gull cull is a repugnant idea
Regarding the letter Gulls help to clean our streets . I entirely agree with the letter in the Journal of December 10, but was disgusted to learn that certain persons have authorised pest control to cull our seagulls.
Regarding the letter "Gulls help to clean our streets". I entirely agree with the letter in the Journal of December 10, but was disgusted to learn that "certain persons" have authorised pest control to cull our seagulls.
I have always understood seagulls are a protected species, so to deliberately kill them is surely breaking the law and should, therefore, not be allowed.
To even consider using taxpayers' money for this purpose is, in itself, both scandalous and sickening.
The perpetrators must, surely, live on a different planet from the rest of us and this repugnant idea of a cull should be scrapped forthwith.
You may also want to watch:
35 Gibraltar Road, Lympstone.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 3 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 4 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 8 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 9 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 10 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term