Gull cull is a repugnant idea
Regarding the letter Gulls help to clean our streets . I entirely agree with the letter in the Journal of December 10, but was disgusted to learn that certain persons have authorised pest control to cull our seagulls.
Regarding the letter "Gulls help to clean our streets". I entirely agree with the letter in the Journal of December 10, but was disgusted to learn that "certain persons" have authorised pest control to cull our seagulls.
I have always understood seagulls are a protected species, so to deliberately kill them is surely breaking the law and should, therefore, not be allowed.
To even consider using taxpayers' money for this purpose is, in itself, both scandalous and sickening.
The perpetrators must, surely, live on a different planet from the rest of us and this repugnant idea of a cull should be scrapped forthwith.
You may also want to watch:
35 Gibraltar Road, Lympstone.
- 1 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 2 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 3 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 4 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 5 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 6 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 9 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend