Gull cull is a repugnant idea
Regarding the letter Gulls help to clean our streets . I entirely agree with the letter in the Journal of December 10, but was disgusted to learn that certain persons have authorised pest control to cull our seagulls.
Regarding the letter "Gulls help to clean our streets". I entirely agree with the letter in the Journal of December 10, but was disgusted to learn that "certain persons" have authorised pest control to cull our seagulls.
I have always understood seagulls are a protected species, so to deliberately kill them is surely breaking the law and should, therefore, not be allowed.
To even consider using taxpayers' money for this purpose is, in itself, both scandalous and sickening.
The perpetrators must, surely, live on a different planet from the rest of us and this repugnant idea of a cull should be scrapped forthwith.
You may also want to watch:
35 Gibraltar Road, Lympstone.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 8 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang