Proposed Exmouth watersports centre is focused on water safety say Grenadier Estates
- Credit: Archant
Peter Quincey, director of Grenadier Estates, the developer behind the proposed watersports centre in Queen’s Drive, has been speaking about their submitted planning application
The Developer behind the proposed watersports centre on Exmouth seafront has revealed details of the newly submitted planning application.
Grenadier Estates has officially submitted a proposal for the watersports centre, with associated retail, restaurant and café facilities on the site now occupied by a car park in Queen’s Drive.
On the back of consultation events held at Ocean, in The Esplanade, in October and November last year amendments have been made to the design.
Peter Quincey, director of Grenadier Estates, said: “Following our community consultation and the feedback received, we have focused on water safety in consultation with East Devon District Council and have made amendments to the design.
“The amendments to the design include setting the building back by four metres to allow a more substantial space between the building and the sea wall, and increasing the rigging areas to accommodate additional water sports equipment.
“To improve the visual appeal of the building further, we have included additional stone cladding and designated more space for planting trees.
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 5 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 8 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 9 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 10 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
“These additions have resulted in a reduction of 14 parking spaces.
“Following the submission of our planning application, we are excited to be moving towards a construction phase of the project.”