Green Party thank residents
East Devon Green Party is throwing a party to thank the residents of Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton for their support in the recent elections.
East Devon Green Party is throwing a party to thank the residents of Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton for their support in the recent district elections.
The Green Party polled strongly in Budleigh Salterton, where Miriam Brown, received 676 votes.
It was only in January the party held their first AGM.
East Devon Green Party co-ordinator Sharon Pavey said: “We were very pleased to offer residents of Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth Town the opportunity to vote Green this year and thank you to everyone who did.
You may also want to watch:
“People now realise that we are so much more than a party that cares for the environment, we believe in equality and fairness and social justice.”
There will be a celebration of the party’s success in the Mackarness Hall, Honiton, on Saturday June 4 from 6 pm.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
The social evening will have live entertainment, music, and a bar, including local real ale.