Great response to our appeal
RE: Haiti Earthquake Disaster Appeal by the Rotary Club of Exmouth. I would be most grateful if you will convey to your readers, through the columns of your paper, the gratitude of the Rotary Club of Exmouth for the generosity of the public in making our
RE: Haiti Earthquake Disaster Appeal by the Rotary Club of Exmouth.
I would be most grateful if you will convey to your readers, through the columns of your paper, the gratitude of the Rotary Club of Exmouth for the generosity of the public in making our recent street collections in Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth so successful.
I would also like to thank the congregation of Littleham Parish Church for the donation of �697.35 and the Exmouth Choral Society for the proceeds of the retiring collection, which produced �290.79.
The overall response to the appeal was truly magnificent and, together with other donations we received, some of which are gift aided, it means we shall be sending a cheque for �5,836.33 to Shelterbox.
You may also want to watch:
Every penny collected will be donated to Shelterbox and the amount raised will enable them to send a further 12 boxes.
In due course, these boxes will follow the ones that have been already sent to provide immediate shelter and assistance to those who need it most, to help them start to rebuild their shattered lives.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 9 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 10 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
My fellow Rotarians and I are overwhelmed by the spontaneous and generous response of the people of Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton.
It is encouraging to see, in these difficult times in our own country, that local people are so willing to provide such support to help those whose lives have been totally devastated by this disaster.
Gerald G Garraway,
Rotary Club of Exmouth.