Great response to our appeal
RE: Haiti Earthquake Disaster Appeal by the Rotary Club of Exmouth. I would be most grateful if you will convey to your readers, through the columns of your paper, the gratitude of the Rotary Club of Exmouth for the generosity of the public in making our
RE: Haiti Earthquake Disaster Appeal by the Rotary Club of Exmouth.
I would be most grateful if you will convey to your readers, through the columns of your paper, the gratitude of the Rotary Club of Exmouth for the generosity of the public in making our recent street collections in Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth so successful.
I would also like to thank the congregation of Littleham Parish Church for the donation of �697.35 and the Exmouth Choral Society for the proceeds of the retiring collection, which produced �290.79.
The overall response to the appeal was truly magnificent and, together with other donations we received, some of which are gift aided, it means we shall be sending a cheque for �5,836.33 to Shelterbox.
You may also want to watch:
Every penny collected will be donated to Shelterbox and the amount raised will enable them to send a further 12 boxes.
In due course, these boxes will follow the ones that have been already sent to provide immediate shelter and assistance to those who need it most, to help them start to rebuild their shattered lives.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
My fellow Rotarians and I are overwhelmed by the spontaneous and generous response of the people of Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton.
It is encouraging to see, in these difficult times in our own country, that local people are so willing to provide such support to help those whose lives have been totally devastated by this disaster.
Gerald G Garraway,
Rotary Club of Exmouth.