I thought the council was trying to save money, so why do we need a new building in The Strand Gardens?
What is it for?
We have a stage in the Manor Gardens and lots of cafes surrounding the Strand area. How will small cafes survive? Does the council wish to put others out of business and produce more empty premises. This will not enhance the look of the town for visitors.
Exmouth is a small town. Grandiose ideas do not suit it.
This building will stand out like a sore thumb. It does not fit in with the surrounding buildings.
You may also want to watch:
The council should concentrate on ways to save money, not waste it.
If they wish to move the information centre, why not use an empty shop. In my opinion, the centre is fine where it is.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 6 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
Should they put the building to the vote?
166 Salterton Road, Exmouth.