Good times roll...
One wonders if your correspondent Wendy Blackham has done any shopping in Exmouth during the past few months.
The town is busier than ever, with a succession of new food shops and cafes and restaurants all thriving and making the shopping or just visiting experience more pleasurable and satisfying for Exmouth’s expanded population.
There are hardly any vacant shops anywhere in the Strand, High Street, Rolle Street, Parade, Magnolia Centre and Exeter Road areas. Even the Oggy Oggy pasty shop that was recently vacated was taken and reoccupied within days.
Having had a few days in London recently, I can say that the busy vibrant scenes there are mirrored in Exmouth. Yes, the town is fully in tune with modern trends, and local enterprise is in the forefront too!
So everybody should cheer up and enjoy it and get on with life. These could be the good times!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 3 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 4 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 5 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 8 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 9 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 10 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian