Give Longboat plans a chance
I felt I must write regarding the on-going problem of dog fouling on our paths. In particular, I am concerned about the amount of mess which appears daily in Church Path (between Hulham Road and Withycombe Village Road).
I felt I must write regarding the on-going problem of dog fouling on our paths.
In particular, I am concerned about the amount of mess which appears daily in Church Path (between Hulham Road and Withycombe Village Road).
This is a daily route for local schoolchildren who often arrive at school with this horrible stuff on their shoes.
Another area for concern is School Lane (between Withycombe Village Road, near the Hollytree pub, and Burnside); this also is a route for children and is regularly decorated with this unwanted matter.
Many dog owners are allowing their dogs to foul at night, when no one is around to see them, as the fresh evidence is there for all to see every morning.
I know of this, as secretary of Withycombe Rugby Club, alongside of whose ground Church Path runs.
- 1 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 2 Exmouth toilets could become an 'eco hub'
- 3 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 4 Council on the lookout for site of new East Devon town
- 5 Celebrate last night of the proms in Exmouth
- 6 East Devon Ramblers take the reins on latest walk
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
- 9 History awaits Exmouth Town Football Club
- 10 Children donate pocket money to Ukraine in 'moving' gesture
The area from the clubhouse down to the grandstand is particularly bad.
I think that it might be time for some CCTV to be placed here; these socially unaware and thoughtless people need to be stopped.
Mostly, they are just plain lazy, as bags are available to use and a bin provided at the end of the path. Their defence might well be along the lines of "I don`'t like touching the horrible stuff". Well, I have news for them - other people do not like stepping in it.
Hon Secretary, Withycombe RFC.