Girl, 10, flees man in Exmouth
Reports a ten-year-old girl was approached by a man in Exmouth and spoken to ‘inappropriately’ have been received by the police. Detectives at Exmouth believe the incident to be isolated.
Exmouth detectives have been investigating reports a 10-year-old girl was forced to flee from a man who spoke to her ‘inappropriately’.
Officers said the youngster told police the incident had taken place at around 4.30pm on Friday October 8, in Forton Road, Exmouth.
Sergeant Zoe Nowell said the police believe the incident to be a one-off.
She said: “The suspect approached a 10-year-old girl and spoke to her inappropriately before the child ran off.
You may also want to watch:
“This is being investigated, but no witnesses or suspect has been found.
“Police are treating this as an isolated incident.”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter