Gifted Exmouth footballers excel in competition
NIMBLE-footed students have proved they could well be the next generation of football players comparable to the likes of Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard. That s because Exmouth Community College s under 16 team have just been crowned Exeter and East Devo
NIMBLE-footed students have proved they could well be the next generation of football players comparable to the likes of Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard.
That's because Exmouth Community College's under 16 team have just been crowned Exeter and East Devon champions.
They beat St Peters, an Exeter-based side, 2-1 and will now play Ivybridge in the Devon Cup final next month.
Earlier in the competition, the U16s had secured a 4-1 win against Axe Valley and a 3-1 victory against St Lukes.
You may also want to watch:
Student George Greenway, who is profoundly deaf but has a cochlear implant, has been training with the deaf England cricket squad.
A spokesperson for the community college said: "George has been to two training sessions in Shrewsbury and as a result of this has been selected for the Lions Squad, which at the age of 16, is a fantastic achievement.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 9 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 10 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
"George, a bowling all-rounder who plays for Exmouth Cricket Club and opens the bowling for the second XI, is obviously very excited about the prospects ahead of him.