Get rid of the EU, too
This pesky government, casting around for ways to save money, has announced a bonfire of the quangos .
This pesky government, casting around for ways to save money, has announced a 'bonfire of the quangos'.
I would not argue about that - they are an undemocratic waste of time and money anyway you look at it.
The phrase HMG uses is a twist on 'bonfire of the vanities' and the biggest and most expensive vanity of them all is the EU, at �150 billion per annum. Now there is a saving that would make a huge difference to us all!
There are so many things this country could do with that sort of money. Do you reckon your readers could think of a few? Answers on a postcard, please.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 6 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 7 East Devon Ladies win County Pairs comp
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon