Get rid of the EU, too
This pesky government, casting around for ways to save money, has announced a bonfire of the quangos .
This pesky government, casting around for ways to save money, has announced a 'bonfire of the quangos'.
I would not argue about that - they are an undemocratic waste of time and money anyway you look at it.
The phrase HMG uses is a twist on 'bonfire of the vanities' and the biggest and most expensive vanity of them all is the EU, at �150 billion per annum. Now there is a saving that would make a huge difference to us all!
There are so many things this country could do with that sort of money. Do you reckon your readers could think of a few? Answers on a postcard, please.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 8 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 9 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 10 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping