Get rid of the EU, too
This pesky government, casting around for ways to save money, has announced a bonfire of the quangos .
This pesky government, casting around for ways to save money, has announced a 'bonfire of the quangos'.
I would not argue about that - they are an undemocratic waste of time and money anyway you look at it.
The phrase HMG uses is a twist on 'bonfire of the vanities' and the biggest and most expensive vanity of them all is the EU, at �150 billion per annum. Now there is a saving that would make a huge difference to us all!
There are so many things this country could do with that sort of money. Do you reckon your readers could think of a few? Answers on a postcard, please.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 LED venues set out plans for reopening on roadmap out of lockdown
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after Clyst St George collision
- 3 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 4 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 5 Climate Conversation programme for Exmouth and Honiton
- 6 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 7 Budleigh Male Voice Choir resuming in-person rehearsals
- 8 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock