Get rid of the EU, too
This pesky government, casting around for ways to save money, has announced a bonfire of the quangos .
This pesky government, casting around for ways to save money, has announced a 'bonfire of the quangos'.
I would not argue about that - they are an undemocratic waste of time and money anyway you look at it.
The phrase HMG uses is a twist on 'bonfire of the vanities' and the biggest and most expensive vanity of them all is the EU, at �150 billion per annum. Now there is a saving that would make a huge difference to us all!
There are so many things this country could do with that sort of money. Do you reckon your readers could think of a few? Answers on a postcard, please.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Black belt grading success for Lympstone and Exmouth Karate students
- 6 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 7 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 10 Repair café returns to town to lend a helping hand