Generous Budleigh Salterton residents aid Shandford
Coffee morning fundraiser helps pay for Shandford residents’ outings
GENEROUS supporters of the annual Shandford Christmas coffee morning, have raised �811 to enable residents at the Budleigh Salterton home to enjoy outings throughout the year.
Dr David Evans, husband of Margaret, chairman of the house committee of Shandford, said organisers were delighted with the amount raised at the event, held at the Public Hall on Friday.
He said: “It is always well supported by people who come every year and the committee is very grateful for the support received.
“Shandford is vital to the elderly of the town and this event was very successful, even though numbers were down.”
You may also want to watch:
Susan Bissett, manager of Shandford, said: “The money raised enables residents to go out on outings or to lunch throughout the year and to hire a bus.”
*Last week residents supported the League of Friends of Budleigh Salterton Hospital’s coffee morning to the tune of �645.
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 7 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 10 Big or small, we can all do our bit to care for planet we live on
Dr Evans, the League’s chairman, said: “We are at the stage where we are helping to make some refurbishments to new clinics in the day unit, so this money goes towards that.”