General Election 2019: East Devon hustings announced
- Credit: Alex Walton
Contenders for the vacant East Devon parliamentary seat will face questions from an audience of voters on Thursday, November 28.
Update (November 18) - This event is now sold out. If you have not booked a place in advance, you will not be able to enter the event.
The event is organised by the Exmouth Journal (and sister titles the Sidmouth Herald and Midweek Herald), Exmouth Chamber of Commerce and Christians Together in Exmouth, with support from Exmouth Community College.
The hustings will take place in the main hall at the college's Green Close site.
Sir Hugo Swire announced in September that after 18 years as MP for East Devon he would not be standing again.
You may also want to watch:
County councillor Claire Wright finished second in 2015 and 2017, but with the election announced in a bid to break the Brexit deadlock, the result in East Devon will be harder than ever to predict.
The hustings is open to residents aged 16 and over - with a maximum four tickets per booking. There will be parking but only drive if absolutely necessary.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 4 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 5 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 6 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 7 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
If you are attending and want to quiz the candidates from the front row, send your question to email@example.com
The event will be filmed and broadcast live on Facebook.
Entry is free but places must be booked in advance by at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/east-devon-parliamentary-hustings-tickets-81271652701