Accidental fire in garage in Budleigh Salterton

PUBLISHED: 07:25 29 May 2019

Archant

A tumble dryer accidently caught fire inside a Budleigh Salterton garage on Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters were called out to an address in Redhills, Budleigh Salterton, at 3.36pm on May 28.

A crew from Budleigh Salterton, alongside two fire engines from Exmouth responded to the call and were met with smoke issuing from the garage.

To extinguish the flames, the crew used breathing apparatus and hose reel jet.

A Devon and Somerset Service spokesman said: "Once the fire was extinguished crews ventilated the garage using a positive pressure fan. The cause was deemed to be accidental due to a tumble dryer. Duty of care was left with the owners."


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal