Fundraiser for leukaemia sufferer
A GROUP of fathers are to embark on a 100 mile fundraising bike ride in aid of a young boy who was diagnosed with leukaemia this year. Marcus Di Vincenzo, 39, of Cranford Avenue, Exmouth, and a number of parents whose children are friends with six-year-o
A GROUP of fathers are to embark on a 100 mile fundraising bike ride in aid of a young boy who was diagnosed with leukaemia this year.
Marcus Di Vincenzo, 39, of Cranford Avenue, Exmouth, and a number of parents whose children are friends with six-year-old leukaemia sufferer Griffin Howard, will take part in the Exmoor Beast cycle challenge in November.
The challenge starts and finishes at Butlins in Minehead, Somerset.
Organiser of the event, Marcus, said: "The money we raise will go to CLIC sargeant in aid of Griffin. We are going to try raise �20,000."
The former marine said the amount would help pay for the specialist nurses that treat Griffin over the next three years.
It is the third year the Exmoor Beast challenge has been held.
- 1 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 2 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 3 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 4 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 5 Exmouth to join national beacon lighting programme to mark Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Budleigh Lions support town's new community larder
- 7 East Devon beaches given prestigious blue flag award
- 8 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 9 New book about royal celebrations of the past
- 10 M5 all lanes now reopened.
Marcus added: "In the first year we had 400 riders; 1300 in the second year and this year we are hoping for 2000 riders.
"If each of our riders raise just �10 we will hit the target."
Griffins father, David, is hoping to take part in the challenge.
Annie Howard said when her son Griffin was diagnosed with Leukamia in March, CLIC Sargent were there for them and helped financially and emotionally.
"They do wonderful things for people. I don't know what we would have done without their help and we will be eternally grateful to them.