Fun run will light up Budleigh’s Christmas
More than �200 was raised for Budleigh Salterton’s Christmas lights - thanks to an increase in numbers taking part in the chamber of commerce’s family fun run.
The recent event set off from the Lime Kiln car park, when mayor Dick Mitchell blew the whistle.
Chamber chairman Alan Tilbury said: “The rain kept off and they ran with fortitude.”
The numbers taking part were up 30 per cent on last year. The mayor presented medals and trophies.
The chamber of commerce thanked Sean Blythe and Phil Crook for coordinating the race and Custom Mortgage Solutions for sponsoring the prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Age seven and under - Morgan West, Esme Kilburn-Thompson; eight-12 - Alex Bond, Hannah Bond; 13-17 - Nick Smith, Nicola Thackery; 18-24 - Thomas Hewins, Fran Palmer; 50 and over - Mark Muir, Penny Franklin.
Overall winner: male - Nick Smith; female - Hannah Bond.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 6 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
Anyone who has not collected their prize can pick it up from Lesley’s shop in Budleigh Salterton’s High Street.